Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Killing The Identity

It’s definitely not the right time to blog. It’s almost 1.00AM on a Tuesday morning. I should be going to sleep by now since 2mrw’s one of those terrible days when I have to wake up early to leave to the university. I had to study for the mid exams. But not feeling tired at all. Unlike school times too much studying is totally worthless. There’s this new education system that you have to get used to. When u go to industry you can’t and u don’t have to know everything by heart. Everything’s safely stored on this  web junkyard called “The internet”.

My looks have changed in a great deal after I opted to disappear my well grown stylish hair. I knew um going 2 look odd and horrible after this .But what’s the point of keeping this when you don’t have a point to keep it...  As expected the response was terrible from most of my pals. It wasn’t a sudden decision. I always wanted to see myself as a young hairless before I become an actual old hairless.. But that has never been possible due to my tuition classes where my students expect me to look professional. Damn… if not for these weekend drama (That’s the most justifiable name I can give for tutions) I would have gone for a shining baldhead. Followings are the list of reasons why I opted to cut my IDENTITY down… 

Reason 01

I can’t go to Temple or any religious Monasteries with my grand mum with all these other elderly people staring at me as if they have seen a ghost. People tend to judge others by their looks. I know that it’s not appropriate to visit sacred places like a fashion icon breaking the concentration of religious girls :P :P :P. My grand mum was more than happy to see me with this new look and that’s all I need to justify my decision.

Reason 02

Just imagine how awful it is to wake up every day with considerable amount of hair covering your pillow and mouth. Whenever I comb it I feel like losing a ton of hair curls.

Reason 03

After a long time now I have the looks of a man.:D..  The lengthy hair tail I had grown up looked awesome according to most of my friends.  Even though I felt it’s making me look like a girl because of their comments I was reluctant to cut it. And now it’s gone and I’m a MAN again

Reason 04

After the E-nite people started to willingly nickname me as නළුවා .. And I wanted people to forget this filthy phrase quickly. And seems like it’s working very well for me... 

Reason 05

On every typical weekday morning I took too much time to get ready because I had to comb , paste gels and creams on my hair while all my friends were waiting until I come out from the wash room. If I hadn’t combed it well I did look like that hairy Dog in that deluxe paint advertisement. Now shermal won’t have to worry about cleaning his comb as I won’t be using it anymore  :P :P..

Reason 06

I knew if someone called me looking good the main factor was always my hair. To me this seemed so damn stupid. I just wanted to prove that even without the hair I’m gonna look as awesome as I was… (You know what…. I was damn wrong …on the mirror I saw a completely nerdy looking jerk: P :P :P )

Reason 07

After all those funny justifications, Here goes the real reason why I took it off..  As a Buddhist who thoroughly believes in uncertain nature of every living organism and non-living matter I’m not valuing the effect of external attractiveness anymore. It’s not permanent. Someday somehow you are going to lose it. If someone judges or likes you because of your looks even their judgements will be temporary.And it’s so simple and easy when you are hair free headed. I feel that’s one of the reasons monks opt hairlessness. 

However this new experiment gave me something to blog about. But it’s worthless for anybody who’s reading this. By the way um gonna start a Tech blog very soon. Anyhow I further state that I never expect anyone to read this and I’m just so damn enjoying giving out myself with blogger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment