Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Smiling Rose

I'm not a poet. And here goes my first attempt to write a poem.As in most poems this too has a background story extracted from a known experience. I know it's bit rough because I'm new to poetry and writing this under lot of exam stress.But I'll try to be good in my next attempts... 



The Smiling Rose





Thousands big miles  away lies a smiling red rose

Blossomed     in    a   garden of a person unknown

Wind with its fragrance unchanged, that he knows

Makes the depressed cry “please leave me alone”



He looked through the sea everyday as the sun rise

Used to  feel its  wind n   touch  it  with  closed eyes

Believed  in a miracle  as in his dreams, no surprise

Held his  will  strong, till his flowers had  goodbyes



Knew  it was once his n wanted back her so close

He reached , kneeled n kissed it,as his love glows

Shed blooded  tears  and  wounded by her thorns

He  did say  good  bye to  that pretty smiling rose








No comments:

Post a Comment