Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The wingless Fairy


        OK guys… here goes my second attempt to write something creative. This may too possess some errors since this time I've tried focusing more on rhyming verses. Unlike last time I hope the readers can guess at least the outward meaning of this poem. I think I've found an ideal image to make my poem more realistic :D.


                It’s true that this one is more like a fairy tale. Bit immature.But if anyone can dig deep some interesting recoverable messages are encoded in it. It's up to the readers to come up with their own conclusions .Trust me each and every metaphor used here has relevant meanings and this poem carries a clue for my next poem as well. I hope you have something worthy to read here and if possible enjoy it...  



The Wingless Fairy







Lost his way a young prince searching a fallen star

Lonely he start singing “Far is my kingdom Sarr”

Fallen     to   his   song  , wind     carried    so   far

Appeared a wing fairy whispering “who you are?”




“Feeling so lonely? “Murmured she fairy words

“I'll ease your pain, stay singing with my birds”

No thoughts, when he threw away his halberds

“I Swear not to leave, am yours here onwards “





Sang the prince every night till fairy falls asleep

No sooner  realized  his  feelings  were   so deep

Leaving her isn’t right; surely she's gonna weep

Weaker his love was to promises he had to keep




Throne of his kingdom’s calling back, can’t stay

Since stolen green wings took him far far away

Flew to his royal palace, can’t show his dismay

Lonely Prince  still sings to his fairy’s wind way




“Flying makes you weary; I can feel when you wince”

“When nights aren’t sleepy listen to the wind it sings”

“Dreams won’t be scary, don’t wait I ain’t your prince”

“Oh fairy, I’m sorry I can never give back your wings “



No comments:

Post a Comment